The event of the Feast of the Black Nazarene which was closely known as the “Traslacion” will happen on Thursday, January 9, 2020. In observance to that, Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso declared a suspension of work in government offices and classes in all universities, colleges and schools.
Mayor Isko clarified that government staffs concerning the peace and order, traffic enforcement, sanitation, public services and disaster risk reduction and management are considered exempted from the work exemption.
Expectations are seen that northbound and southbound lanes of Roxas Boulevard from Katigbak to U.N. Avenue as well as the southbound lane of Bonifacio Drive from Anda Circle to Katigba will be closed starting Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 9 PM.
The full lists of the road closure are as follows:
- north and southbound lanes of Ma. Orosa from TM Kalaw to P. Burgos
- Streth of P. Burgos from Roxas Blvd. to Jones, MacArthur and Quezom bridges
- Romualdez from U.N. Ave. to N.A. Lopez St., the stretch of P. Casal from C. Palanca to Rafael
- Palanca St. from Plaza Lacson to Quiapo Ilalim
- southbound lane of Quezon Blvd. from P. Campa to Lerma St.
Furthermore, on January 9, starting 12:01 a.m., the Manila Police District Traffic Enforcement Unit (MPD-TEU) said that Taft Ave. to Jones, MacArthur and Quezon bridges, the north and southbound lanes of Taft Ave. from TM Kalaw to Ayala Blvd. and the stretch of San Marcelino from N.A. Lopez St. to U.N. Ave. will be closed to traffic.
In light to the traffic closure are the alternative routes which riders can take place such as:
- Light vehicles coming from the southern part of Manila using Roxas Blvd. going to north shall turn right to U.N. Ave., straight to Paz Guanzon, then left to Mabini Bridge to Nagtahan flyover to A.H. Lacson to point of destination.
- Turn right to U.N. Ave. straight to Paz Guanzon, then left to Mabini Bridge to point of destination if light vehicles are travelling northbound of Taft Avenue going to Quiapo-Sta. Cruz area
- From Legarda St., vehicles shall turn right to CM Recto Ave. to point of destination.
- Vehicles travelling southbound of Mel Lopez Blvd. (R-10) going to Roxas Blvd. shall turn left to Moriones St., straight to Dagupan St. to point of destination.
- Vehicles travelling northbound of Roxas Blvd., Mabini and Ma. Orosa going to Pier Zone – Binondo – Divisoria shall turn right to U.N. Ave., straight to Paz Guanzon then left to Mabini Bridge to point of destination.
- Take Juan Luna St., left to Plaza Cervantes to Jones Bridge, then riight to Magallanes Drive to point of destination if you will be coming from Jose Abad Santos-Reina Regente
Note that the road closure will be based on the actual traffic condition as per the claims of the said traffic unit.