The 2021 Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings are released with criteria based on teaching, research, citations, international outlook, and industry income.
MANILA — Both the University of the Philippines (UP) and De La Salle University (DLSU) dropped in the 2021 Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings.
From its 65th position in 2020, UP moved down to 84th place after receiving a lower 43.9 score from last year’s 44.5. DLSU, on the other hand, went down from the 301-350 bracket to the 401+ group.
Meanwhile, on the top list for the third year is China’s Tsinghua University with a score of 84.9, higher than last year’s 82.8.
The top 10 universities in Asia are:
- Tsinghua University in China
- Peking University in China
- National University of Singapore
- University of Hong Kong
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- The University of Tokyo in Japan
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Seoul National University in South Korea
- Kyoto University in Japan
The 2021 ranking covered 551 universities in the region. (BG/Headline PH)